In this episode I’m joined again by the one of the most experienced and highly qualified tantra practitioners I know, Courtney Garner, for a heart and gut wrenching (but absolutely necessary and long over due) discussion of the shadow of circumcision.
She has done some deep research and has created an amazingly entertaining and informative video to share her factual findings, thoughts, and emotions.
Please watch it here:
We broadly cover:
- the historical roots of practice
- theories of it’s motivation and it’s rise to dominance in the western medical paradigm
- the shadowy history of the sex-negative medicalization of the practice
- why it’s ethically, medically, psychologically, and sexually questionable to say the least
- how to manage and care for natural penises with foreskin
- myths about hygiene
- personal anecdotes that help illustrate the benefits of being uncut
- and more!
Courtney Garner- Mindful Living, Tantra, and Sexual Healing Expert
Authentic Tantra® Practitioner & Tibetan 5 Element Healer, Nurse, Board Member IATE
Courtney is a highly effective Mindful Living and Sexual Healing Expert providing instruction and support to bring mental balance, emotional fulfillment, and awaken all forms of pleasure in our lives.
She accredits her contagious joy to being “refined by the Fire.” From early experiences of trauma, she has cultivated spiritual integrity, compassion for others, and a passionate love of Life!
As a nurse and Tibetan Tantra practitioner, she’s woven Western medical knowledge with Eastern holistic methods to expand the scope of health and wellness available to the public. Courtney guides her clients through a spiritual adventure, with concrete understanding of the body’s physical and energetic synergy. She focuses on empowerment through building body awareness, and having a healing system in place to maintain spiritual health.
Currently, her mission is to share the art of catalyzing spiritual growth by integrating sexual energy, and using this power to further our conscious evolution.